Thursday, August 18, 2011

London's Dextro Energy Paratriathlon.

Blueseventy Athlete and Silver medalist Lauren Steadman reports on London's Dextro Energy  Paratriathlon.


A massive Congratulations to You Lauren.. Well done. 




My race was at 4 on Sunday so i had time to fully prepare and  felt quite professional in my cycles uk kit that was kindly donated to me, i also managed to watch the men's elite, to see how they tackled the course.. but how fast were they... it was impressive! Once they'd finished their race it was time for the Paratriathlon :S nerves were high but i set all the transition area up and placed my bike in the stand and pulled on my blue seventy wetsuit which was my race, racing in the suit but it felt incredible in the water and fitted perfectly! I was ready. I went and warmed up in the Serpentine- it smelt horrid and was all green but it was warm so there was a positive side! 

 



The gun went and i was off, the swim is my strongest area due to my swimming background so i knew i had to gain a lead here. I was first girl out and gained a 2 min lead over the previous world champions and then through to transition was first out on the bike and lead on the bike for the next 4 laps. The bike felt comfortable to ride and i felt pride to ride the moda around the course, and with a bit training and race practise the results can be improved further! And finally came the run the last leg, i was 2 mins 50 secs behind the world champion and had a 2 min lead over the girl in third, so i pushed as hard as my legs would carry me hoping to hold onto second and get closer to girl in front, and when i crossed the line... relief passed over my body- i had done it, my second triathlon secured second in the world, it was a priceless feeling...standing on the podium was a great moment with a silver medal around my neck and the crowd cheering! However this couldn't have been achieved without all the support i received and the fantastic equipment i was supplied with to race- Thank you!
 



thank you again for everything you have done for me, i can't describe how grateful i am to Blue Seventy!!
 

Thanks,

Lauren Steadman
 





No comments: