Tuesday, September 7, 2010

pz3TX and ready for Kona!


Lucy Gossage set a course record of 4:14. 47 at the Vitruvian (half iron distance). The cancer doctor, who splits her time between Cambridge and Nottingham, has got her eyes on Kona. She set Britain’s best female age group Ironman time for two years in Frankfurt (9:53.28) and has received welcome support from bluseventy - she'll be wearing the new pz3TX swimskin in Kona!

“So Hawaii is looming and I’m really starting to get excited. It’s a funny time training wise as everyone else is winding down at the end of the season while I’m building for my biggest race of the year. And trying to think about how on earth I can get used to the heat while the nights are drawing in and the weather is gradually getting colder.....

“Luckily I’ve had a few really fun weekends over the last month, which have helped keep me motivated. The first was the Outlaw Triathlon which I raced as the cyclist in a relay team with two friends Lou (Collins) and Helen (Gorman); the second was the National Club Relays a couple of weeks later. Both are amazing events in my home town of Nottingham with incredible support and to me summed up what triathlon is all about – fun.

“Winning the club relays with TFN teammates Lou, Fez and Amy was probably my proudest moment in triathlon. We’d been talking about having a team for a year or so but Amy (Parkinson) and Fez (Verity Butler) had been injured so never thought it would happen. They were both still injured (Amy had a stress fracture in her foot!!) but decided to race anyway... We all gave 200% in every part of the race and to win such a big event with a team of true friends was a pretty amazing moment. I was on a high all week after it!

“Last weekend I raced the Vitruvian at Rutland Water, a race I’ve done twice before which I always enjoy. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel on race day as I had come off a massive block of training with only five days to recover. Fortunately it seemed to be my day and I had what was probably the race of my life, though I’m still in a state of disbelief and keep thinking they must have got the times muddled up somehow.

“Anyway it’s now just five weeks till Hawaii – so just a couple more weeks training and then time to taper, fly out there and do the best I can. I’ve got no expectations of doing well out there but am really excited about the opportunity to race there once more – and am determined to go out there, enjoy it and throw everything I have at the race on race day. Not long now!!”

No comments: